Spring break has started and not one thing I wanted to get done has been started. I suppose I shouldn't be so hard on myself since tomorrow is really the day to begin the work. My question to you is, should I really have a list of things I want to accomplish knowing full well that only 1/3 of the items will get done?
This afternoon while we were on our way to Justin's office, Maddie and I were going over what we're going to be doing this week. Her response was "We are going to clean, clean, CLEAN." She said this with such conviction that Justin turned and said "I have her trained well." So, I suppose we should clean a bit. Nothing like a little spring cleaning to get us in the mood to bring more stuff into the house!
I've been going through some thinking these last few weeks. I am a fan of blogs. I read them whenever I can. I do it to get inspiration; not just in the crafts I want to do but also in their willingness to be open with a public that they cannot see. There is one particular blog that I read on a daily basis. She is a wonderful writer who makes me laugh out loud. Her humor is comparable to what I think but would never write (to a public I cannot see). She is a work at home mom as is her husband. They both work from home and get this, they live off her blog. They do other consulting and graphic design but generally their income is made from her blog. Yes, what she writes on an almost daily basis pays them a middle class income.
Here is where I get jealous. I have all of these ideas in my body and I cannot get them out...in any form. She puts her words (although hilarious) on a blog and SHE GETS PAID! I am not saying I could survive working and living with Justin 24/7. I love him dearly. We are just too much like an 80 year old couple who bicker. I just want the option. I want to be able to have the flexibility in my day to do I see necessary. I know that we won't win the lottery and my options to stay home and do as I please are limited. I want to know how one goes about getting a life like hers. What do I need to do to achieve what we want?
Sunday, April 01, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment