Friday, April 20, 2007

Sweet, sweet sleep.

I've been overly emotional lately. I suppose you could chalk it up to the hectic work schedules, time commitments on all sides, weather changing to steady sunny days, and possibly lack of sleep. Whenever I get this emotional, all I have to do is think back to the last few nights of sleep. Most of those nights of little sleep involve a guest coming into the room and deciding she must sleep vertically and use my chest as a tap floor. Last night I woke up twice and turned her around. Somewhere in there she forced Justin to another location.

Speaking of sleep...my daughter is so much like me. This is where most parents rave about their children's athletic skills or brains. This is where I speak of my daughter's imagination. She is constantly, CONSTANTLY, thinking of new stories to tell. Her brain is in overload. So much so that she talks in her sleep to get all the ideas out. I must admit, I've been a sleep talker all my life. It is a running joke in my family about how much I talked in my sleep as a child. Last week while I was managing the shop, I must have been having a dream because (apparently) I said, "no. no. No. NO. NOOOOO!" in my sleep. Justin attributed it to the customer who had brought in her whole meal (coffee and muffin) and didn't purchase much from the shop. He thought I was internalizing it. I honestly don't remember the dream but it is completely possible.

Another tidbit on Ms. Maddie. She has been getting sleepy during class. We were talking about it and here was her analysis, "Mama, you know I go to sleep. I am sleeping away and then my brain says to me, "Do you want to play?" Then, when I'm at school, my brain says, "I'm so tired." I don't know what to do because my brain says these things." I laughed enough to not make her upset but it is something that amazed me. How in the world did she come with that...I guess her brain was really working hard that night.

No comments: