Today we had our first day of freedom. Maddie and I went about our day by starting off with the dentist. My daughter went to her appointment on her own while I attended to my own. When she came out she exclaimed she had two new teeth. I don't know when they appeared but she's acquired two of her molars.
We then adventured off to the shop by bus. We timed it so well it took us only an hour to get from downtown to downtown. It went perfectly. Once we got to the shop Maddie took her place with her "work". When I looked down I realized she had taken a pink pen and written all over the New York Times. G. Bush never looked so good. Every time I would come to check on her she would ask me if I was done working or if I was just goofing around. My, she is a task master these days.
After the shop work was done, we came home to bask in the sun. Today was one of the first sunny days in a long time and we needed to soak it up. After lunch (and a movie) we moved to the front yard with the dog. He chased loose branches around the yard while Maddie practiced her scooter riding. I worked on the anniversary party for the shop (lining up music and deciding if we're going to have food or not).
I had a few things outside of the house to get done so we decided to get the car from Justin's office. To do this we had to catch a bus seven blocks from our house. I could tell Maddie wasn't into leaving so I grabbed a bag with a couple of distractions. I didn't know there was a book in the bag. She asked if she could have it. I handed it over and turned to see what she was doing. Here, my child was walking and reading. She had the cover folded so she could see just one page at a time. If we hadn't been in a hurry I would have walked longer just for her to enjoy her book. To be honest, I'm not sure how much she read but it was a picture nonetheless. It was at that moment I realized I need to carry my camera with me at all times. Who knows when she'll do that again.
Monday, April 02, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment