Monday, April 10, 2006

Trim a little off the top please...oops!

This weekend we spent the majority of time working in the yard. Last fall we did not capture all of the leaves that had landed in our yard. I figured now would be a good time to rake all of them up and start a compost pile. This proved to be a good workout and also an informational moment with my yard. I found several flowers pushing up through the dirt and we should have a lovely start to some flowers.

I headed out to the supply shop to pick up a few tools. When I was trying to come out of the rafters from anxiety I looked for things that would calm me down. I found bulbs already started and they just had to be planted. I picked up 8 bulbs and quickly dumped them onto the floor. So, they came home with me. MeeMa and I planted them in a sunny spot and have been watching for something to come to life.

As we were planting things, a rather dark situation was occurring in the front of the house. Justin was hacking up the bushes. I thought he was cutting them down and when I came up to see how things were going, I found one bush completely gone and the other sticking 5 inches from the ground. Two shovels later (one snapped in half) both stumps were removed. Our front yard is naked. Okay, not naked but close enough that it looks as if the house is showing a little leg. I'm not a prude but COME ON! We have to do something with that spot or all the other houses are going to start talking.

No comments: