Maddie went to visit my mother in ND for five days. My step-mum picked her up and delivered her for the adventure. While she was away, Justin and I spent time doing things we don’t normally do. We went to the movie “Good Night and Good Luck” at the Riverview Theatre. I highly recommend the theatre. This is the place we sometimes stop at just for the fresh popcorn.
While we were waiting for the movie to begin, we shopped across the street at the garden shop. Justin did a little research for what he would like to put in the bare spot at the front of the house and I picked up seeds to create a butterfly garden. I don’t know how things are going to go but we must try nonetheless.
The flowers Maddie and I planted have produced blooms. They are quite lovely. Last night as the sun was setting we went out to check on them. I knew they had bloomed but wanted Maddie to see them for herself. The excitement was hard to contain. She may be a little gardener as time passes. She asked if we could do more. I just hope she is willing to mow the grass when she gets older!
This weekend we’re going to work on the yard (is there an echo in here?) I want to hand till the area for the flower bed (along the fence to the neighbor’s yard.) Then we’ll plant the seeds and see what happens.
Kopplin’s Coffee shop opens up tonight. If any of you are in St. Paul (at anytime, not just tonight) you should stop by. Our friend, Andrew, has been working towards this goal for as long as I have known him (5 years) and now it is coming to fruition. I’m so excited for him. The shop is amazing and warm. If I didn’t work at a coffee shop, I would be there everyday! Maddie also likes to get into the act by wiping off the tables and greeting customers. She will be an amazing marketing person when she gets older.
Another interesting event in our lives is we are going to try to start biking more. Justin wants to bike to work and this is very do-able. There is a bike path four blocks from our house and it goes passed the front door of his office. My commute is not as easy as I drop Maddie off at daycare. My bike time will come in when I go for groceries or a coffee run. Yes, there will be more time involved but then we don’t have to plan time for exercise. Two birds, one stone theory.
Friday, April 21, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
tell andrew congratulations on the coffee shop! i'm so pleased it is finally up and running.
Post a Comment