Thursday, April 06, 2006

Do you have a seat for me?

We spent the month of March waiting for MeeMa's school placement. We had to have her school selection into the system by December 15th. It was a long month of March checking the mail each day. Finally on the 4th Justin took it into his own hands. He emailed the system and they immediately said she got into the school we wanted. I asked Justin to wait until we were all together to tell her where she would be going.

I had a late night at work but got home before the nighttime teeth brushing. When I walked in the door MeeMa screamed, "What's my surprise?" It took me a second to think of what her father could have told her. Then it dawned on me what she was talking about.

I looked at her and said,

"We know where you're going to school. Where do you think it is?"

"Is it M?"

"Yes!"

"Oh my goodness! Does the teacher have a seat for me?"

Justin and I looked at each other and laughed. "Well, I think you'll have to wait on that seat but there is definately one for you."

I think she is more ready to go to school than I'm ready to let her go.

No comments: