Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ladies and Gentlemen, we have clean clothes

I have been lugging our laundry to the laundromat for 7 years. I didn't mind going since it was time for me to read, knit, talk on the telephone, etc. 3 hours to myself with cable television. I was completely content. Then there came the day when we bought a house and a washer seemed like a useful tool.

I had no specific wants for a washer, I just wanted it to do 9 loads of laundry in 3 hours. That request was not going to be met by anything other than a maid and well, you have to pay them and that is not in the cards. So, Justin, in his fabulous glory set out to find the perfect, new/used washer of our dreams. After great amounts of hemming and hawing, we found one.

In this search he had to pass a lot of refridgerators. Our fridge was an ice block with a containment unit. Somehow the items in the "fridge" section were frozen as were the "frozen" items on top. Veggies don't last long on an ice block so food was going to waste. It was sad. The gentlemen at the shop said, "Same delivery price for up to 4 items." How could we resist?

Our new appliances were delivered on April 1st. It was amazing how quick they removed the old fridge and put the new one in place. They had the washer hooked up before I had the hound down the block.

After having a few days to become aquainted with the new guests in our house...I have to say food looks so much better coming from a new fridge. I even hugged it once we had all the food into it. We had a moment.

As for the washer, we've tested it but it hasn't seen any real action yet. This weekend will be another story but until then, it looks pretty good next to the still-to-be installed dryer. One day MeeMa and I will put it to good use.

2 comments:

abby said...

hurrah! another blog to check. congrats on the appliances...who'd of thought you'd be happy to purchase useful things?

Anonymous said...

You mean no more calls from you freaking out about the creepy laundramat manager. I'll miss those.