We have found having another little human in the mix hasn’t been too much of a distraction to our regularly scheduled lives. He definitely makes his presence known but has folded into the mix very nicely. For the first twelve weeks of his life he was colicky and I wasn’t sure anyone would make it out alive. The week before I returned to work, something switched in his brain and he became super calm. This brought me great comfort thinking of him going to daycare. How would our daycare provider concentrate on everyone if he was screaming? He now is a little flirt and quite the charmer. I think he will be one of those quiet types but with a fascinating personality.
Many a task has been undertaken since the arrival of Mr. Bubble. All construction has been completed from our first major remodel (is that foreshadowing?) Painting continues to plague me. We had colors picked out and then Justin found a color combination that spoke to his soul. I’m willing to try anything as long as the caveat states I can change it after six weeks if it doesn’t speak to me by then.
This year we have decided to take on a slightly ambitious task of growing a few veggies and herbs in our yard. I think it has something to do with the fact that for my entire childhood there was a garden in my life. My mother kept a rather large garden (and to this day still does) as well as her parents. I don’t remember ever working in the garden or even eating anything from it but I do remember it being there. I am not sure if I wasn’t allowed to work in the garden or if I refused to have anything to do with it. I’ve decided Ms. M will have to participate on a weekly basis with our garden. I want her to understand all that goes into a family garden and what you can get out of it.
For our maiden year we are planting three kinds of tomatoes, sweet basil, chive, onions, lemon balm (good for teas, lemon flavoring and natural mosquito repellant), strawberries, cucumbers, cilantro and parsley. In the fall, if all goes well, we’ll plant a crop of garlic for the spring. To prepare for the gardens, we built two garden boxes. The veggie bed is 6’ x 3’. The herb bed is 3’ x 4’. We’ll put the tomatoes in pots of their own with tomato cages. There may be a period of time where I am canning and freezing all hours of the day. To top off the items in these boxes I purchased a blueberry bush. I originally wanted a raspberry bush but they were out of them by the time I made it to the sale.
If you cannot get a hold of me, look in my yard. I’m probably trying to figure out what is a plant and what is a weed.
In the meantime, take a look at this:

What would you look for in a cargo/family bicycle?
No comments:
Post a Comment