Wednesday, May 20, 2009

We grow 'em big in these parts


Vincent has decided that he is not going to wait around and graze.  When he wants to eat, he wants to eat now.  For being only 5 months old, he's gained close to eight pounds (that's almost doubling his birth weight).  He is now over two feet long and really knows how to kick his legs.  He has a tooth coming in...indicated by the amount of drool he is producing.  After being born with tons of hair he is now sporting the Homer-comb-over.  I suppose it just goes to show us what he's going to look like when he's 92.

For all in all he's a happy baby.  In fact he is more often than not smiling.  He smiles in his sleep.  He smiles to get your attention.  His newest thing is the whole belly laugh. Maddie was the first to get him to laugh and then I figured out that shaking my hands and saying "WEEEE" really gets him going.  Justin has not been able to get him to laugh and to me that's really funny.  I must admit, Vincent is right at home in his father's arms.  When Vincent is cranky, Justin will scoop him up and all fussiness melts away.  There is something about perching on his father's shoulder that makes everything ok for Vincent.  It's a sight to behold.

Ms. Maddie is coming to the end of second grade.  Only three more weeks and she's on to summer.  I think she is ready for a break and can truly say she's excited about summer.  I know she'll miss her friends and the schedule of school but I'm sure we'll keep her busy with as many activities as I can handle.  The child has a social calendar of a 17 year old. If she could drive, we'd never see her.  I guess there is something to be said about being your child's taxi.

I cannot imagine a better way to be spending my life.


No comments: