it has been a while since I've written. Things are intense here in the house.
We have undertaken the remodel and are close to the end. I think by the end of next week we'll be able to put everything back in its rightful place and give the house a once over from top to bottom. The contractors finished the basement today and we're able to use our storage space again. I'm looking forward to being able to separate my litchen (living room/kitchen) back into two rooms. They have 1/3 of the cabinets up and in place. Tomorrow they will finish the cabinets and be able to order the counter top to be cut. I imagine the counter top will be in late this week or early next week. Then the sink and faucet can be installed. Even though the kitchen sounds like it is in the infant stages it is coming together fabulously. The bathroom was finished today. At least by the contractor's schedule. We have to paint but that will wait until the baby comes.
Other than constantly moving things around so the contractors can work, we have been getting ready for the baby. This weekend we spent time washing all the items we're going to need for the first few months. After that then we're up in the air, unless we have another girl, then we're set. If we have a boy most of the clothes we have are definitely girl clothes and we're going to need to restock.
I have also been trying to get Christmas gifts together and wrapped as soon as possible. I don't want to worry about wrapping things if I'm in labor. Also, it would be nice to be able to just have it done and ready to go. We are not going very extravagant this year. We've kept everything to a minimum and a lot of it has been handmade. Everything we're giving to family will be handmade. I won't give anything away here because there are a few people who read this site (I'm still baffled by that). Once the season is over then I'll give it all away.
I hope your Thanksgiving went swimmingly. We spent the time together with a friend and it was delightful. A non-traditional Indian buffet was had. Even though we did not have the turkey, stuffing and potatoes it will all be here soon. Once the kitchen is done, I'm making the whole meal. I may have to invite people over because I may just go overboard!
Monday, December 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment