Thank goodness for diversions. Today I have been trying to clean in a way I haven't cleaned since my "nesting" phase in pregnancy. I found myself looking at the ceiling fan in the kitchen wondering how hard it would be to take down, clean and then put back together. I realized that I was on the verge of insane so invited over two of the neighbor children. At this moment, they are you coloring. Shortly they will be returned to their homes with pictures to put on the fridge.
For the last week we have been experiencing weather comparable to the snows of my childhood. In one week we received 24 inches of glorious white snow. I have been shoveling with a little glow in my heart. The problem is whenever I go out, either Maddie or Ralph want to be outside too. They tend to push the snow I just shoveled. It is fascinating to watch Ralph jump from snowbank to snowbank without any kind of trouble only to go skidding across the sidewalk.
Today is the first day of true beauty. The sun is shining and our house is full of natural light. I have been trying to organize things while the girls are playing. I am not doing as well as I had hoped but I suppose something is better than nothing. What I realize is that I am distracted by looking out the window at how lovely it is outside. I don't want to be frolicking in snow but a leisurely walk would be perfect. You might ask why I am not taking such a walk (see above paragraph and you'll remember why not).
May this day find you a sunny spot to curl up in.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm very jealous of all of the lovely snowy goodness you folks have this year! i just didn't think it could happen, but i'm so glad it did. though i miss it, i guess i'm a little happy there's no shoveling for me to do!
Post a Comment