Sunday, October 08, 2006

We have lift-off!

After almost 72 hours of no toilet in our house, we now have one installed, flushing and slightly dripping. We went through three wax rings, three different toilets and several meals out so we could use the "facilities".

The kicker is that the toilet we installed ended up being the original toilet. The second toilet we purchased was the smallest (compact) toilet the store sold. They lie. I know we got the tiniest toilet in the world and that still was too big.

Let me start from the beginning. We realized the flange was too high, so Justin went out and purchased a new subfloor. Then we spent two hours cutting the subfloor to fit in and around the pipes and flange. I don't know if I said before that I had already put down some of that fancy stick-um flooring. We decided to put the subfloor right over the new flooring...added heigth. Once the subflooring was in, I mapped out the lines for the second round of stick-um flooring so we wouldn't have to worry about manuvering the toilet when we got the flooring in. There is one sexy spot of floor done at this time. I am saving the rest of the fun for tomorrow.

I should go look at the drip and see if it was a moment in time or if we will have to do this all over again...if that is the case you may have to scrape me off the roof...then again, I might notice the shingles need to be redone and I'll just faint from the thought of having to do that project.

1 comment:

abby said...

haha...flange...haha :)