Saturday, June 10, 2006

Weekend of wonders

Tonight we are headed to the Showboat. It is opening night of "45 minutes from Broadway". We have gone every year and why not keep the tradition going. I spent the day at Kopplin's Coffee while Justin tried to convince Maddie to watch England play Paraguay. Apparently there was no negotiation on what would be viewed on the television. For as many Guiness and Adidas to entertain a person, Maddie would have nothing to do with the festivities.

Somewhere in this weekend we will mow the yard and plant a few seeds. I know we have been talking about this for most of the growing season but it has been quite the process. Justin and Maddie planted where the bushes once stood but nothing has come up. I figure there is a need for a little motherly touch...yeah right. I figure why not try some new seeds and see what happens.

Other than the normal day to day ins and outs of one's life we have found out that Maddie will be going to half day kindergarten. We got her on a waitlist for all day but won't know that until closer to the start of school. We would love to have this worked out sooner but it is out of our hands.

Also, we did get our sink into the kitchen but have since found a crack. The silly thing has been in place for three weeks and it is already cracked. We have to pry it out of the countertop and take it back. They will exchange it for a new one but the process may be more than either one of us can handle. Getting the countertop cut was enough to cause a person to move to a new house. So with that said, I will be happy when the whole thing is over.

Maddie is telling me it is time to get off the computer. I should go so lunch can be made and a nap be taken.

No comments: