We have one bicycle that functions in our family. On Sunday, Justin rode this bicycle to his office. I was helping my friend put her new furniture together. I was having a lovely time and then realized I should probably head home for some quality time alone with the man*. When I called him to let him know I was on my home he asked if I could pick him up. This wouldn't have been a problem except I couldn't fit the bicycle in the car. Jen had borrowed our shop-vac and she was done with it.
Justin thought he could rearrange and it would fit...hahaha. So, I offered to ride the bicycle home. Since there is a bicycle path that runs from his office to our house it wasn't supposed to be a big problem. I knew the path well. I've driven it (in my car) on a regular basis. I knew there was a slight hill or a mega hill to choose from. I, of course, choose the slight hill. I made it half way up and my legs were jello. I knew that I had to walk the bicycle up the rest of the hill when a woman and her miniture mix dog were passing me as I struggled up the hill. With that said, I've set a new goal for myself...I will conquer the slight hill by the end of summer and hopefully start on the mega hill soon there after.
*Maddie is staying in ND for the week and we are childless.
The next day I was not as sore as I thought I would be. That is a sure sign that things will not be as bad as I have conjured up in my head.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment