hom·o·phone Audio Help [hom-uh-fohn, hoh-muh-] Pronunciation Key –noun
1. Phonetics. a word pronounced the same as another but differing in meaning, whether spelled the same way or not, as heir and air.
2. a written element that represents the same spoken unit as another, as ks, a homophone of x in English.
We're sitting in the living room watching the Stanley Cup finals (let's talk about chaos) and Maddie asks, "What does homophone mean?" I said, "I know what homophobe means...is that what you're asking?" "No, homophone." "I'm not sure that is a word."
Then I take thirty seconds to look up the word. As I'm reading the definition, she is reciting it to me. Much to my surprise, she was correct. I told her this and her response was, "I'm smarter than a parent." I can only imagine what is to come.
We survived the recreation of the backyard. It took us three days (as originally planned) and it looks amazing. It could not have happened without all the help we received. People came out of the woodwork to give us a hand. Even though the plan kept changing and I became increasingly irritated I cannot thank everyone enough for pitching in. If you ever need your yard tilled, raked and semi leveled and/or sod laid, just call me. I. OWE. YOU.
The only thing I am not thrilled about is that I'm up at 6 AM every day to water the sod. It has been a long time since I've been motivated to get out of bed that early on a weekend.
Saturday, May 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment