I had great plans for this holiday weekend. I was going to reinvent our yard. I figured three days would be enough to get everything in order and looking like the lawn fairie came and blessed our yard with color, perfect grass, and a slight tan.
In the first day of work, I have done the following:
Assisted in the tilling of the entire backyard.
Raked the clumps of grass into piles with the help of Jen.
Graded half the lawn to slope to one area so the rain will not find its way into my basement (hopefully anyway).
Burned my arms, a small part of my chest, and the back of my neck. I've got farmer tan.
What I had wanted to do (but knew realistically that it would not happen):
Till up the yard.
Rake and grade the entire yard.
Lay the first palate of sod.
How I'm feeling now:
I can't feel my forearms and the palms feel slightly on fire.
I'm worried that I'm going to wake up and find that someone stolen every roll of sod from the backyard since we didn't get it rolled out.
I'm hoping to finish raking and grading the lawn while Pat (my own handyman) lays the first palate of sod to get me started. Then I'm going to spend the rest of the afternoon laying out the sod. I will get this project done by tomorrow night so I can have Monday to take it easy.
I'm sure I'll be writing about this on Monday with an update eerily similar to what I write today. Let's hope I'm wrong and I'm writing that we finished. Let me get that part right...
Saturday, May 24, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment