Last fall I planted multiple sets of bulbs in the space where the bushes Justin so lovingly tore out were. I've been waiting for something to start peeking its head up. Last week was the first sign of life. Just barely you could see the tips of several of the bulbs. I did a little jig in the front yard. Thank goodness the neighbors were not home to watch.
I started talking to the shoots. I'd say encouraging things like, "Don't be tasty to the bunnies." or "If you continue to grow, you could bring world peace." Okay, maybe I didn't say the last one but I thought it. Then, the most unfortunate thing happened...the temp dropped 10-15 degrees. I feared for my little shoots. I did a full court press, "Don't worry about the temp. You'll be just fine. Keep thinking about becoming fabulous blooms. You can DO it!" Mother Nature laughed a hearty laugh and dumped sleet and snow on us. She really likes to eff with me. The weather says it should get warmer by Tuesday. If that's true, then my little ones will be on the rapid track to full bloom.
Now, I'll just have to sit next to the flowerbed with a broom and shoo away any rabbits that find the buffet I've planted. This could be an extremely entertaining few weeks. Maybe I should sell tickets to the neighbors so they can see a true neurotic person at their finest!
Saturday, April 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment