With a countdown of t-minus 18 hours to go before we step foot on a plane to get the heck out of Dodge I'm finding things are careening towards out of control. I thought about all of the things I need to do before we can leave and it is looking like I'm going to be pulling an all-nighter. In true "Amie" style, I've left many a thing to the last minute. I guess I'm lucky that Justin is completely aware of my inability to prepare days in advance so he's pulling a heavier load to keep us on pace.
Tonight is Maddie's star performance of "Cinderella". I get to skip out of work a little early so I can attend the show. After hearing the entire play through the voices of Ms. Maddie, I kind of feel like I've seen it twelve times before! Now we'll get to see it on stage and with the other actors performing. Although, Maddie does do a wicked version of the ugly step-sisters.
So off we are to see a show, convince Maddie she doesn't need three suitcases and brace for a rainy first day in NYC. I've got my little list of "must see" and hopefully we all come out unscathed. One friend said, "Start practicing being rude." I think I'm going to go with a little more bitchy attitude and will probably fit right in.
Will fill everyone in once we return.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i'm sure you've left already, but i don't think you have worry about being rude. i think that whole thing about newyorkers being rude is a bit of myth.
people will be MUCH friendlier than you think. any snappish behaviour will be down to them living in a city and being a bit stressed.
but you know all about that.
have fun amie, justin and maddie! (ps. hope the play was specatular!!)
Post a Comment