Every year we try to take a family vacation. It seems like we really need an escape in the first part of the year so we end up going somewhere relatively cold. That doesn't bother us because we go to a condensed area so we don't have to walk too far or can take public transit.
This year, we're headed to New York City. We determined the location by a rabble rousing game of "rock-paper-scissors". We chose eight places and put them into brackets (very similar to how basketball tournaments are done). Each destination was assigned a human (Maddie, Justin or me). We did best of three games to determine the winner. When it came done to the final two, it was New Mexico (Santa Fe) and New York City. I think Maddie threw the game just so New York would win. Oh well, that's alright by me.
We booked our tickets and hotel on Tuesday night. Justin is scouring the internet looking for all the great places. I talked with a friend from the office and got his ideas since he lived there most of his life and just moved here a year ago. We'll probably pick up a tourist book from the library just to have other options.
Every year we've headed to Chicago (either individually or as a family). I'm not sure when I'll make it back to Chicago. I feel like if I do go, I'll have to do it on my own and not with my family. There may need to be heavy drinking involved for the first trip since Byron's death and Maddie doesn't need to see that (at least not any more than she already does!)
I guess this is starting a new trend and I think I’m going to enjoy it.
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment