Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Let's Get It On - Sweater Style

My knitting habits are not pretty. I have an addiction to yarn that I've never really come to terms with. I have a fear of patterns. That would be why I have made so many scarves, scarves and more scarves. I knit a pillow cover but never stitched the pieces together. I don't like anything I've made once it's done so I hardly ever give any of my creations. It may be a matter of confidence more than anything else but the time has come to get over (a few of) my fears.

To do this, I agreed to knit-along. My friend Abby found this fantastic pattern. I figured why not have the backup of someone who had some experience with knitting a sweater. Also, it helps to have someone to knit with at the same time. Funny thing is she's in London and I am not. So, we meet over the interwebs. I'd much rather be there or have her here but at least I get to chat with her on a regular basis AND I have a sweater on the needles.

So here is the progress I've made so far.









Got a bit of a ways to go but it's a start!

1 comment:

abby said...

hey hey! pictures!!! it looks lovely and blue and awesome. I'm really happened we decided to do this :)