I have always dreamt in color. Not vivid color or out of this world color but color nonetheless. I've been told not everyone does this. I have no idea why I do, maybe it is my overactive imagination. I don't remember many of my dreams. All I know is that I wake up with a vague idea my brain was doing a video show while I was asleep. The dreams I do remember are so vivid and yet, somewhere while the dream is taking place, I say to myself "this is a dream" and acknowledge there is no possible why what is happening is real. My subconscious and I have an agreement that what happens when my subconscious is in control it will let me know so I don't freak out.
One of the things that happens on occasion is when someone important in my life is on my mind, they make an appearance in my dreams. The dreams are never the same but there is a thread, I get to have them all to myself for one brief moment. I know my brain is creating these images, conversations and experiences but I also give the Universe a little credit because these dreams bring great comfort to me when I need it the most.
I dreamt about my grandfather a few months after he passed away. I told my mum about the dream and she got all serious. I know not all people pay attention to dreams (apparently my mum does). She asked me when I had the dream. I told her and she said my sister had a similar dream the same night. My brother was visited the same night with a similar dream. I cannot tell you if it was the connection of us as siblings or there was a higher purpose for us all having a similar dream but it was phenomenal no matter what.
When Byron passed away, I dreamt of him on a nightly basis for five or six nights. He had been a part of various moments in my life and knew enough about my life to fit right in my dreams. I would have conversations with him about things that happened years ago. He would ask me about people he had met and about things going on in my current life. It was strange to have him "know" what was going on even though he wasn't here anymore. The things I confessed to him I'm not sure I've said to anyone before. Yet all of it was comforting. It made the grieving easier. It helped me feel like he was still a part of me and my life.
With this pregnancy I have had many a vivid dream. All of them outrageous and impossible to happen in reality. This makes me think this baby is going to be putting us through some interesting times. No one who has passed has appeared since I've become pregnant. Now it is only people who are still in this life. If I've been over thinking something or felt alone, you've all stepped in and showed up when I've needed you most. One occasion a friend came and sat with me. When I asked him what his family would think of him being there with me and his response was, "I'm staying here until you're ok." Then he wrapped his arms around me and held me. I awoke so comforted and at peace.
For whatever reason we have dreams, forget or remember them and who is involved I will continue to be amazed at the power of my subconscious. I hope your dreams will bring you great comfort if not at least entertainment.
Wednesday, July 30, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment